Ground lamb mixed with spices and crumbled sheep´s milk cheese.
What you need
500 g minced lamb
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 pinch paprika
3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
1 teaspoon ground cumin
3 tablespoons crunchy fried onion
salt and pepper to taste
4 bread rolls
2 tomatoes, ripe, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
1 green chilli (optional) seeds removed and finely chopped
A dash of vinegar
salt and pepper
How it is done
- Mix lamb meat, chopped garlic, paprika, cumin, chopped parsley, and fried onion in a large bowl.
- Divide the meat mixture into equal portions and shape them into burgers.
- Chill for 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Mix all the ingredients for the tomato salsa while you wait.
- Grill under a pre-heated medium grill or on the barbecue for 6-8 minutes each side, turning once, until the meat is done and all the juices run clear.
- When the burgers are done, place each one on a halved bread roll with some salad leaves and serve with the tomato salsa.
For another savoury variation, substitute fried onion with the same amount of Feta cheese, crumbled.
The burgers can be served accompanied with a great variety of salsas, chutneys or relishes.