Succulent chicken breast with Parmesan cheese breadcrumbs and oven roasted tomato salad, lower in calories and saturated fat than the classic recipe.
What you need
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (4 Tbs)
4 thin-sliced chicken breast fillets (about 1lb / 500 g)
1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
1 pt vine tomatoes, halved (about 8 oz / 225 g)
Non-stick cooking spray
2 oz part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
5 oz rocket
1 Tbs red wine vinegar
1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
How it is done
- Pre-heat the oven to 425º F / 220º C.
- Combine Italian-style breadcrumbs and grated Parmesan.
- Arrange chicken breasts on foil-lined baking sheet; sprinkle tops with 1/4 teaspoon salt, then with crumbs, pressing to adhere. Arrange tomatoes around chicken; spray with cooking spray.
- Bake at 425º F (220º C) for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle cutlets with mozzarella and bake until cheese melts.
- Toss tomatoes with arugula, vinegar, olive oil and remaining salt.
- Serve salad with chicken.
About 270 calories, 31 g protein, 15 g carbohidrates, 9 g fat 94 g saturated fat, 2 g fibre, 860 mg sodium.
Quick, easy and perfect for a light week day dinner.