Pasta with minced meat sauce is a one dish meal.
What you need
225 g pasta (spaghetti, tagliatelle, penne, elbows or any shape)
3 l water
3 teaspoons salt
500 g minced meat (leant beef, pork or lamb)
2 tablespoons cooking fat (oil, butter, margarine)
625 ml passata
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 pinch pepper
2-3 drops of Tabasco (optional)
How it is done
Prepare the pasta
- Heat the water in a pot until the boiling point and add 3 teaspoons of salt.
- Place the pasta into the boiling water and cook until it is done but slightly hard to the bite. Drain the pasta, rinse and drain again
Prepare the sauce
- Heat the fat in a pan and brown then minced meat.
- Add the tomato passata, 1 teaspoon salt, sugar, pepper, and Tabasco sauce. Bring the sauce to the boil, cover and simmer for at least 10 minutes.
- Place the pasta on a warmed serving plate and pour the minced meat sauce over it.
To save time, boil water in a kettle and pour it already boiling into the pot. If using this method, prepare the minced meat sauce first and prepare the pasta while the sauce is simmering. The sauce may simmer for up to 30 minutes.
Boil spaghetti, tagliatelle or penne for 8-10 minutes. Boil farfalle, vermicelli, or angel hair pasta for 6-8 minutes.
If hot sauce is not your preferred condiment, season the sauce with your favourite herbs, or a little white wine.
Tip: Cook some broccoli florets with the pasta to produce a meal with more vegetables.