Herb Crusted Rack of Lamb
A rack of lamb, French trimmed, is a great idea for a dinner for two.
What you need
A rack of lamb for two, 4 ribs French trimmed
2 Tablespoons of olive oil
5 Tablespoons of breadcrumbs
1 Tablespoon of chopped parsley
1 Tablespoon of chopped basil
1 Tablespoon of chopped chives
1 Tablespoon of English mustrad
salt and pepper, to taste
How it is done
- Heat the oven to 200º C (gas mark 6)
- Mix the herbs and breadcrumbs with the English mustard and the olive oil.
- Rub the rack of lamb with the mix.
- Place the lamb on a rack in a roasting pan and roast for 15 minutes for rare; 25-30 minuts for medium.
- When it is done, remove from the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes before cutting the ribs into chops and serve.
A portion is 2 chops.
Rack of lamb should be roasted rare or medium.
You can use this recipe with a guard of honour, as well.