This is a simple but impressive dinner for four people that makes the most of a great cut of meat, the pork tenderloin.
You can slice the tenderloin into 2 inch medallions, or you can ask us to do this for you - just add a note to your order at checkout.
This recipe serves 4 people.
Total time including cooking: 25 minutes
What you need
How it's done
- Preheat the oven to 180*C/350*F Gas Mark 4.
- Place the medallions on a board between two sheets of cling film. Using the based of a small saucepan or rolling pin, bash them all over until they're 1cm thin.
- Lightly crush the fennel seeds and garlic, place in a shallow dish and mix with the oil, lemon zest and a good grind of black pepper. Add the pork medallions and turn to coat. Set aside for 10 minutes whilst you make the slaw.
- Chop the apple into small pieces, place in a large bowl and pour over the vinegar to prevent going brown. Add in the yogurt, lemon juice and mustard and mix. Then add the cabbage and carrots. Mix well, until all the ingredients are coated and season to taste.
- Heat a non-stick ovenproof griddle or frying pan for a couple of minutes until hot. Add the pork medallions to the pan and cook for 3 minutes on one side. Turn the medallions over, place the pan in the oven. Cook for a further 6-8 minutes or until the juices run clear.
- Serve 3 pork medallions per person with the slaw and a few sweet potato wedges.