Breast of Duck
What you need
2 boneless duck breast halves, skin on, about 175 g each
salt and cracked pepper, to taste
How it is done
- Heat the oven to 200Âº C (gas mark 6)
- Score the duck skin with a sharp knife. Take car not to cut into the meat.
- Season with salt and crecked pepper on both sides.
- Place the duck, skin side down, on an non stick frying pan on medium heat and cook for 5-6 minutes, or until golden brown. Pour the fat regularly.
- Turn and cook on the other side for 30 seconds to seal the juices.
- Place the duck, skin side up, on a rack in a roasting pan. Cook in the middle of the oven:
10 minutes for rare,
15 minutes for medium,
18 minutes for well done.
- When the duck is done, remove from the oven and let rest for 5-10 minutes in a warm place.
- Cut each duck breast into slices, diagonally, and serve with orange sauce or plum sauce.