Fennel Pork Medallions with Apple Slaw
Total Time : 25 mins
For thr marinated pork:
12 pork fillet medallions
1 garlic clove
1tsp fennel seeds
1 tbsp olive oil
Grated zest of half a lemon
For the apple slaw:
1 red eating apple
2 tsp cider vinegar or white wine vinegar
half a small red cabbage, thinly shredded
2 carrots, peeled and coarsely grated
4 tbsp 0% Greek natural yogurt
juice of half a lemon
2 tsp Dijon mustard
Sweet potato wedges or mixed green salad
1) Preheat the oven to 180*C/350*F Gas Mark 4.
2) Place the medallions on a board between two sheets of cling film. Using the based of a small saucepan or rolling pin, bash them all over until they're 1cm thin.
3) Lightly crush the fennel seeds and garlic, place in a shallow dish and mix with the oil, lemon zest and a good grind of black pepper. Add the pork medallions and turn to coat. Set aside for 10 minutes whilst you make the slaw.
4) Chop the apple into small pieces, place in a large bowl and pour over the vinegar to prevent going brown. Add in the yogurt, lemon juice and mustard and mix. Then add the cabbage and carrots. Mix well, until all the ingredients are coated and season to taste.
5) Heat non-stick ovenproof griddle or frying pan for a couple of minutes until hot. Add the pork medallions to the pan and cook for 3 minutes on one side. Turn the medallions over, place the pan in the oven. Cook for a further 6-8 minutes or until the juices run clear.
6) Serve 3 pork medallions with the slaw and a few sweet potatoe wedges or crisp green salad.